Core Network Engineer • Signaling
Remote, Spain, South Africa, Portugal, Romania, Israel, or United Kingdom
Telna is looking to hire an experienced Telecommunications Engineer to work with our team. This is a unique opportunity that will give selected candidate(s) special access inside a full cellular telecommunications network covering voice, data and SMS services for customers all over the globe. We're expanding our telecommunications and roaming departments, and are looking for highly qualified candidates.
- Work alongside a team of Core Telecommunication Engineers, Network Architects and Linux Administrators to continue the development of our worldwide cellular network
- Configuration of STPs, DRAs, HLR/HSS, SMSC, SGSN, GGSN/PGW, SBC, etc.
- Integrate various direct roaming agreements as well as sponsored roaming agreements
- Wireshark tracing of critical infrastructure to debug issues
- Maintenance, troubleshooting, security audits, and emergency response
- Occasional (paid) on-call requirements
- 5+ years core telecommunications network experience
- 5+ years of experience with SS7, Sigtran, Diameter, Packet Switched (GGSN/PGW, GTP, GRX, IPX, etc) and related experience.
Nice to Have
- 2+ years MySQL/MariaDB, MongoDB
- 2+ years scripting experience (Python, Bash, etc)
- IREG Testing Experience
- IP Networking Experience (BGP, Firewalls, Routers, etc)
While a bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Telecommunications, or Engineering is required, the related experience will be taken into consideration.
Remote from Spain, South Africa, Portugal, Romania, Israel or United Kingdom
Language English - Native or Bilingual Proficiency
Job Type Full Time, Mid-Senior level
Job Category Engineering, Information Technology