Telna is a leading global connectivity company, enabling IoT / M2M deployments anywhere in the world. An innovative, vertically-integrated technology company, full member of the GSMA, and FCC-licensed network with spectrum in the United States.
Telna offers the most robust Network As a Service (NaaS) platform and global connectivity solutions for B2B and B2C (eSIM and M2M) applications, with full flexible API integration and pricing structures, to fit your IoT business needs.
Over the years, Telna has successfully built a track record of providing superior quality connectivity across the globe. With over 19 network partners and 800+ bilateral agreements, Telna has direct access to 2000+ top-tier networks worldwide to provide redundant 4G LTE and 3G high-performance, quality coverage in 200+ countries and territories.
About the Position
We are looking for an experienced VP of Operations to oversee the day-to-day operations of our company and support the growth of our business. Reporting to the CEO, you will be responsible for setting standards for operations; developing, articulating and communicating goals; and attaining financial and operational goals. The ideal candidate has a proven track record of driving impact through metrics and analytics, operational improvement, and strategic insight.
- Liaise with the senior management team to make decisions for operational activities and set strategic goals.
- Develop strategic projects to identify and deliver key business improvements throughout operations to the agreed scope, budget, and timelines.
- Align and execute operational plans to strategic plans.
- Develop meaningful key performance indicators (KPIs) and other metrics to monitor, manage, and improve operations.
- Establish standards and communicating goals, expectations, and objectives to the leadership team.
- Evaluate regularly the efficiency of business procedures according to organizational objectives and apply improvements.
- Evaluate overall company performance by gathering, analyzing and interpreting data and metrics.
- Provide leadership, direction, and support to the leadership team in attaining financial and operational goals.
- Increase revenue and profitability by developing budget forecasts and operation plans, assessing and analyzing operation capabilities, and ensure adherence to budget.
- Build strong positive relationships with employees while implementing an appropriate culture of accountability.
- Oversee customer support team, processes, and organize them to enhance customer satisfaction
- Evaluate employees related processes and procedures including org structure, work rules, policies, job descriptions, responsibilities, training, etc. with intentions to both optimizing productivity and enhancing employee relations.
- Attract, develop, and retain high performing employees; develop succession planning, and build a healthy internal and external talent pipeline.
- Have a minimum of 10 years of work experience in a strategy or operations role.
- Excellent business acumen and strategic orientation.
- Exceptional verbal and written communicator.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experienced in leading change within a fast paced high growth environment.
- Able to adapt and collaborate with a broad range of individuals.
- Highly analytical and able to use data metrics to drive the business forward.
- Strong people management and project management skills with the ability to build, coach, inspire and engage a high-performing team
- University degree with a preference for MBA or related Master’s program.
- Worked in a startup and has an entrepreneurship mindset.
- Not afraid to roll up your sleeves and do what it takes to get things done.
Benefits Of Working At Telna?
- A true entrepreneurial work environment
- Prime midtown location (Yonge and Eglinton), steps to the subway
- Competitive compensation package
- Weekly free lunches and unlimited pop, coffee, energy drinks, and snacks
- Monthly office socials
- Office dogs
- Casual dress code, jeans, and shorts permitted
- $2000 referral bonus for new hire recommendations
- $1500 annual allowance for professional development courses
- Dozens of local eateries within a few steps of our office