Telna is a leading global connectivity company, enabling IoT / M2M deployments anywhere in the world. An innovative, vertically-integrated technology company, full member of the GSMA, and FCC-licensed network with spectrum in the United States.
Telna offers the most robust Network As a Service (NaaS) platform and global connectivity solutions for B2B and B2C (eSIM and M2M) applications, with full flexible API integration and pricing structures, to fit your IoT business needs.
Over the years, Telna has successfully built a track record of providing superior quality connectivity across the globe. With over 19 network partners and 800+ bilateral agreements, Telna has direct access to 2000+ top-tier networks worldwide to provide redundant 4G LTE and 3G high-performance, quality coverage in 200+ countries and territories.
About the Position
We are looking for a hands-on Software Development Manager that comes with a strong background in server-side development. The ideal candidate has at least 6 years of experience, 4 of which comes from developing APIs, CRM or enterprise backend systems (we primarily work in Java, but other object oriented languages are welcome for consideration). Management experience should consist of at least 2 years managing a team of 3+ developers/engineers in an agile environment.
Selected candidate will split their time between contributing to development efforts and planning/mentoring.
- 2+ years managing a team of 3+ developers/engineers
- Strong grasp of software development methodologies (scrum, kanbana, TDD etc)
- Have prepared guidelines and best practices for design documentation, coding styles, and systems deployment (staging, UAT, and production)
- Experience with defining and measuring OKRs/KPIs as well as coaching and training new or underperforming teammates
- Very strong communication skills (written and verbal) and the ability to forecast development effort
- 4+ years developing enterprise, CRM or API platforms utilizing object oriented languages (Java preferred)
- Comfortable working in a linux-based environment
- Solid grasp of design and architecture principles (n-tier, microservices etc)
- Relational database: 2 years (Required)
- Java: 3 years (Required)
- API design and development: 3 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field (Required)
Benefits Of Working At Telna
- True entrepreneurial work environment
- Prime midtown location (Yonge and Eglinton), steps to the subway
- Competitive compensation package
- Weekly free lunches
- Unlimited pop, coffee, energy drinks, and snacks
- Monthly office socials
- Office dogs
- Casual dress code, jeans, and shorts permitted
- $2000 referral bonus for new hire recommendations
- $1500 annual allowance for professional development courses
- Dozens of local eateries within a few steps of our office