IREG Test Engineer
Remote, South Africa, Spain, Italy, United Kingdom, Portugal, Romania
Reporting to the Network Manager, the role of the IREG Test Engineer – International Roaming is to perform, document, and report standard roaming tests and other International Roaming-related tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities includes (but not limited to)
- Conduct and document standard roaming tests (including but not limited to): IR.24 for Voice and Short Message testing, IR.35 for GPRS Testing, and IR.38 for LTE Testing.
- Updating the IREG database with actions, to ensure the status of tests is known.
- Specify Roaming data changes to the network nodes.
- Ensure the roaming test schedule is followed and completed as planned
- Input to data builds to schedule / execute the tests
- Assisting in ad-hoc queries/ work that may arise relating to international roaming partners/IREG Testing/TADIG testing
- Other duties are directed by the Network Manager from time to time.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements
- Diploma/BSC / IS / CS BEN or related qualification from a reputed institute
- Relevant work experience in the related field.
Nice to Have
- Prior experience with IREG is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of International Roaming - SS7, MAP, CAMEL, SIP, DIAMETER, GTP, and core network systems
- Troubleshooting skills and Signaling Analysis through Wireshark.
- Programming skills (desirable)
- Data Base operations knowledge (desirable)
- Open-source software Data Base knowledge (desirable)
- Experience with TADIG testing
- Knowledge of TAP files
- Able to communicate clearly and concisely
- Proven track record with demonstrable skill set.
- Excellent analytical skills, strong communication skills, problem-solving and negotiation skills
Remote from South Africa, Spain, Italy, United Kingdom, Portugal, Romania
Language English - Native or Bilingual Proficiency
Job Type Full Time
Job Category Engineering, Information Technology